Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bernd Mau <Ma...@hhla.de> on 2005/09/29 15:03:36 UTC

[M2] Preparing a Release

Hi,

1. Can anybody give me an example how to prepare a release in
combination with cvs?
2. How to prepare a release for a multi project? Will dependencies
automatically change, if I want to release version 1.0 and
ModuleA-1.0-SNAPSHOT depends on ModuleB-1.0-SNAPSHOT?

Thanks for your help.
Bernd

Re: [M2] Preparing a Release

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

There will actually be one glaring problem with rewriting the SCM URL
during the release process. This plugin is currently only geared for SVN
use, so it expects /trunk/ and so forth...but this is *not* the way it
*should* be...it's more a function of immediate need. If/when you try
running against a CVS repository, please do let us know how it goes, so
we can start moving toward better support for different SCM URL types.

Thanks,

john

Re: [M2] Preparing a Release

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.