Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ray <ra...@cisco.com> on 2018/07/25 08:23:05 UTC

Can't write to Ignite cluster when one node in baseline is down

I'm running a 3 node Ignite 2.6 cluster with persistence store enabled.

I tested this following use case.

1. Start all three nodes.
2. Activate the cluster
3. Stop one of the node
4. Start ingesting data

But I got following exception in step 4.
class
org.apache.ignite.internal.cluster.ClusterTopologyServerNotFoundException:
Failed to find server node for cache (all affinity nodes have left the grid
or cache was stopped):

Is this expected behavior?
Does it mean if one node in baseline is down, then no data can be ingested
into this cluster?

Re: Can't write to Ignite cluster when one node in baseline is down

Posted by ezhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It's ok for the case when you run without backups, because you lose
partitions here.

Do you start a new cache each time or reuse the cache from the different
run? When you use persistence, Ignite persists cache's metadata on disk and
if you change cache configuration after that, these changes won't be
applied. I mean, it's possible that when you set backups to 1, after that
you still run cache with old metadata, without backups.

Evgenii

Re: Can't write to Ignite cluster when one node in baseline is down

Posted by Ray <ra...@cisco.com>.
Hi,

I tried two cases for backup, which is backup=1 and no backup.
Both cases failed with the exception I attached.

I'm sure all 3 nodes are in baseline.
I checked using ./control.sh --baseline command.

Re: Can't write to Ignite cluster when one node in baseline is down

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Do you have configured backups for the cache? Are you sure that all 3 nodes
in baseline? Could you check it using control.sh tool?

Evgenii