Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Aaron Digulla <di...@hepe.com> on 2001/01/17 17:24:13 UTC

[BUG] Same SVG looks different in viewer and rasterizer

Hello,

I have an SVG which gives a different result when I view
it in the viewer and when I use the rasterizer (I think
the problem is that the rasterizer uses a wrong clip-rect).
Is this a known bug ?

Also, how can I set a "zoom factor" for the pictures ? They
look OK (size-wise) when I use them in FOP (creates PDF files)
but much too small when I create bitmaps. Any ideas ?

Sowatec AG,       CH-8330 Pf�ffikon (ZH)
Witzbergstr. 7,   http://www.sowatec.com
Tel: +41-(0)1-952 55 55
Fax: +41-(0)1-952 55 66
Aaron "Optimizer" Digulla, digulla@sowatec.com

Re: [BUG] Same SVG looks different in viewer and rasterizer

Posted by Thierry Kormann <Th...@sophia.inria.fr>.
> I have an SVG which gives a different result when I view
> it in the viewer and when I use the rasterizer (I think
> the problem is that the rasterizer uses a wrong clip-rect).
> Is this a known bug ?

strange. Well, if you have access to new CVS base, you can beta-test the new
transcoder API I have just commited. The API should more documented and much
more easier to use.

I have also written a small tutorial that can be accessed from the index:
Transcoder API. The tutorial is in xdocs/rasterizerTutorial.xml

> Also, how can I set a "zoom factor" for the pictures ? They
> look OK (size-wise) when I use them in FOP (creates PDF files)
> but much too small when I create bitmaps. Any ideas ?

The new API lets you choose the image size and an area of interest...

Hope this help, and that you are not afraid of using a beta API of the beta
version of Batik :)

Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann