Posted to announce@apache.org by Harish Butani <rh...@apache.org> on 2014/04/22 00:17:54 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.13.0 Released

The Apache Hive team is proud to announce the the release of Apache
Hive version 0.13.0.

The Apache Hive (TM) data warehouse software facilitates querying and
managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Built on top
of Apache Hadoop (TM), it provides:

* Tools to enable easy data extract/transform/load (ETL)

* A mechanism to impose structure on a variety of data formats

* Access to files stored either directly in Apache HDFS (TM) or in other
  data storage systems such as Apache HBase (TM)

* Query execution via MapReduce

For Hive release details and downloads, please visit:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hive/

Hive 0.13.0 Release Notes are available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12324312&styleName=Text&projectId=12310843

We would like to thank the many contributors who made this release
possible.

Regards,

The Apache Hive Team

PS: we are having technical difficulty updating the website. Will resolve
this shortly.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.13.0 Released

Posted by Harish Butani <hb...@hortonworks.com>.
The link to the Release Notes is wrong.
Thanks Szehon Ho for pointing this out.
The correct link is:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12324986&styleName=Text&projectId=12310843

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Thejas Nair <th...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Thanks to Harish for all the hard work managing and getting the release
> out!
>
> This is great news! This is a significant release in hive! This has
> more than twice the number of jiras included (see release note link),
> compared to 0.12, and earlier releases which were also out after a
> similar gap of 5-6 months. It shows tremendous growth in hive
> community activity!
>
> hive 0.13 - 1081
> hive 0.12 - 439
> hive 0.11 - 374
>
> -Thejas
>
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Harish Butani <rh...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > The Apache Hive team is proud to announce the the release of Apache
> > Hive version 0.13.0.
> >
> > The Apache Hive (TM) data warehouse software facilitates querying and
> > managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Built on top
> > of Apache Hadoop (TM), it provides:
> >
> > * Tools to enable easy data extract/transform/load (ETL)
> >
> > * A mechanism to impose structure on a variety of data formats
> >
> > * Access to files stored either directly in Apache HDFS (TM) or in other
> >   data storage systems such as Apache HBase (TM)
> >
> > * Query execution via MapReduce
> >
> > For Hive release details and downloads, please visit:
> > http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hive/
> >
> > Hive 0.13.0 Release Notes are available here:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12324312&styleName=Text&projectId=12310843
> >
> > We would like to thank the many contributors who made this release
> > possible.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > The Apache Hive Team
> >
> > PS: we are having technical difficulty updating the website. Will resolve
> > this shortly.
>
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.13.0 Released

Posted by Harish Butani <hb...@hortonworks.com>.
The link to the Release Notes is wrong.
Thanks Szehon Ho for pointing this out.
The correct link is:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12324986&styleName=Text&projectId=12310843

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Thejas Nair <th...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Thanks to Harish for all the hard work managing and getting the release
> out!
>
> This is great news! This is a significant release in hive! This has
> more than twice the number of jiras included (see release note link),
> compared to 0.12, and earlier releases which were also out after a
> similar gap of 5-6 months. It shows tremendous growth in hive
> community activity!
>
> hive 0.13 - 1081
> hive 0.12 - 439
> hive 0.11 - 374
>
> -Thejas
>
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Harish Butani <rh...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > The Apache Hive team is proud to announce the the release of Apache
> > Hive version 0.13.0.
> >
> > The Apache Hive (TM) data warehouse software facilitates querying and
> > managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Built on top
> > of Apache Hadoop (TM), it provides:
> >
> > * Tools to enable easy data extract/transform/load (ETL)
> >
> > * A mechanism to impose structure on a variety of data formats
> >
> > * Access to files stored either directly in Apache HDFS (TM) or in other
> >   data storage systems such as Apache HBase (TM)
> >
> > * Query execution via MapReduce
> >
> > For Hive release details and downloads, please visit:
> > http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hive/
> >
> > Hive 0.13.0 Release Notes are available here:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12324312&styleName=Text&projectId=12310843
> >
> > We would like to thank the many contributors who made this release
> > possible.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > The Apache Hive Team
> >
> > PS: we are having technical difficulty updating the website. Will resolve
> > this shortly.
>
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.13.0 Released

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.13.0 Released

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE