Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Korhan Bircan <KO...@oracle.com> on 2009/05/11 21:18:15 UTC

[API] org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ENABLE_IMAGE_AGGREGATION

Hello,

To implement Trinidad-1442 "Aggregate single image to send to client" I need a new context parameter to turn the feature on and off in case there are any bugs early on. I want to make it private and remove it once the feature is fully tested.  If the feature works properly it will help performance and should always be on.

Currently I'm using a parameter in web.xml called "org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ENABLE_IMAGE_AGGREGATION". What do you think about this?

The affected files are:
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.style.cache.FileSystemStyleCache.java
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.style.cache.ImageStrip.java (new)
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.style.cache.ImageStripIcon.java (new)
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.style.cache.ImageStripUtils.java (new)
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.style.util.CSSGenerationUtils.java

Korhan
650.506.7786

Re: [API] org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ENABLE_IMAGE_AGGREGATION

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.

Sent from my iPod.

Am 11.05.2009 um 21:18 schrieb Korhan Bircan <KO...@oracle.com>:

> Hello,
>
> To implement Trinidad-1442 "Aggregate single image to send to
> client" I need a new context parameter to turn the feature on and
> off in case there are any bugs early on. I want to make it private
> and remove it once the feature is fully tested.  If the feature
> works properly it will help performance and should always be on

Cool feature!

> Currently I'm using a parameter in web.xml called
> "org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ENABLE_IMAGE_AGGREGATION". What
> do you think about this?

Sounds very good to have a temp (privat/internal) flag for that.

Removing when tested is a good idea

+1

-Matze