Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Christophe Elek <ce...@ca.ibm.com> on 2009/04/27 14:48:28 UTC

Setting up trace ony for a certain user

Hello,
I want to setup a trace only for a certain user.
How could I 'kill two birds with one stone ' and do something like

log4j.logger.com.company.authorization.trace=joe@company.com

so this enables the trace and I now what user to trace for ... :)

thoughts ?

Christophe Elek - Senior Software Analyst
IBM Rational Serviceability Architect
IBM Toronto Lab 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Phone Number: (905) 413-3467
Email: celek@ca.ibm.com

Rational Internal Serviceability Portal
"Don't just fix the mistakes - fix whatever permitted the mistake in the
first place." Charles Fishman

Web:http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/

Re: Setting up trace ony for a certain user

Posted by Ceki Gulcu <ce...@qos.ch>.
Hello Christophe,

SiftingAppender is prefect for this type of separation. See
http://logback.qos.ch/manual/appenders.html#SiftingAppender for more
information. If you intend to pursue this venue, please respond on the
logback-user mailing list. Do not respond here.

--
Ceki Gülcü
http://logback.qos.ch