Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Simone Giacomelli <si...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/21 12:19:56 UTC

Felix as windows service

Hi guys,
  It would be wonderful to install Felix as windows service.

I'm using WinRun4J as service wrapper.
Running Felix through WinRun4J as application works great.

When run it in service mode, Felix start and immediately stops.
I've read a post about this and I think it is the solution to this issue.
But I'm not able to find that post again (gosh).

I remember the issue arises because Felix send output to stdout/console and
a library gets angry because in windows service no console exists.

So the fix was to use a parameter (-Dlibgos=no-interactive-somtehing) to
tell the library to stop send things to stdout.
Someone does remember something like this?

Or even better, is there some out-of-the box feature to install Felix as a
windows service?

I'm aware that Karaf have a service wrapper (and It's really nice).
But, unluckily, Karaf does not (yet) work with jre8
Felix works great with jre8. And it is really small-sized compared to Karaf.

best regards
Thank you for your help.

--
Simone Giacomelli
Mobile: +39 333 9770618

Re: Felix as windows service

Posted by Simone Giacomelli <si...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Richard!

The lost post was it!!

And now I have Felix up&running as a windows service with WinRun4J. That's
awesome!

best regards,
Simone

--