Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Charles Crawley <ch...@rbos.com> on 2006/08/17 12:30:25 UTC

ActiveMQ Service not starting

Hi,

Firstly, I'd like to say that I know nearly nothing about how this works
correctly, but one of our teams has a problem with running ActiveMQ as a
service on a Windows 2003 server. They are running the command "activemq.exe
-install" to install the renamed JSL.exe as a service (they have an
activemq.ini file containing settings).
When running the service, it takes ages to start and then fails.
This was working as of yesterday and a DR system is still working perfectly.
I have been trying to work out what the matter is and cannot find any
differences between the two systems.
Can anyone point me towards a solution?

Regards,

Charles

Re: ActiveMQ Service not starting

Posted by Sridhar Komandur <sr...@gmail.com>.
Charles,

I have seen the log file being zero  on occasion when the xml config file
was messed up (e.g., syntax error).

Can you start with a plain vanilla xml config (perhaps with minimal config)
and keep adding to it ('expanding ring' debugging) one at a time ?

Regards
- Sridhar Komandur

Posted by Charles Crawley <ch...@rbos.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately there's not a whole lot to go on. Do you have a log for
the broker? Could you show us what the failure is? Which version are
you using?

On 8/17/06, Charles Crawley <ch...@rbos.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Firstly, I'd like to say that I know nearly nothing about how this works
> correctly, but one of our teams has a problem with running ActiveMQ as a
> service on a Windows 2003 server. They are running the command "activemq.exe
> -install" to install the renamed JSL.exe as a service (they have an
> activemq.ini file containing settings).
> When running the service, it takes ages to start and then fails.
> This was working as of yesterday and a DR system is still working perfectly.
> I have been trying to work out what the matter is and cannot find any
> differences between the two systems.
> Can anyone point me towards a solution?
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles