Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2005/08/16 07:39:39 UTC

Re: First 3.1 observation

Hi,

on a well-behaved mailing list sends all mails are sent by "Mr. Majordomo" or such,
and they should work well.
Less well-behaved ones have the list server send mail as the originating user :(

I installed something on a MTA a while ago which would ask senders from a local domain
to authenticate even for sending to a local domain, and it turned out to trap Ebay messages.
So at this time Ebay was sending with the envelope from set to the originating user

Wolfgang Hamann