Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by brucelei <br...@126.com> on 2008/06/12 04:53:47 UTC

The problem of Stress Test on ActiveMQ+Tomcat+Spring

I am using ActiveMQ5 in tomcat6,send message with JmsTemplate,config like
this:

<!-- Spring JmsTemplate config -->
<bean id="jmsTemplate"
   class="org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate">
   <property name="connectionFactory">
    <!-- lets wrap in a pool to avoid creating a connection per send -->
    <bean
     class="org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory">
     <property name="targetConnectionFactory"
      ref="jmsConnectionFactory" />
    </bean>
   </property>
   <!-- custom MessageConverter -->
   <property name="messageConverter" ref="userMessageConverter" />
</bean>

JmsTemplate.convertAndSend(destination, object);

I think this is an effective way to produce message,then I use Jmeter to run
some test on my demo:
jmeter configļ¼š300 threads/http request/Ramp-up period=0s

http request like this:
http://localhost:8080/spring-web/amq.shtml

Finally I got a report:succeed 280,failure 20,look into the jmeter error
log:
<httpSample t="1016" lt="0" ts="1213178882046" s="false" lb="HTTP Request"
rc="Non HTTP response code: java.net.SocketException" rm="Non HTTP response
message: Socket is not connected: connect" tn="Thread group 1-267" dt="text"
by="1337"/>

Now my question is:
1. Non HTTP response:the error is caused by activemq or tomcat?(I think
maybe tomcat:))
2. The exception is SocketException,not JMSException,how can I and where can
I catch it? I want to process this exception properly?

Thanks for anyone's reply:-)