Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/22 21:44:07 UTC

Apache license (invariant section)

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the Apache license allows, for a document, the
creation of invariant sections, like the GFDL, to require the presence of
these sections in all derived versions.

On the "Contributors" page of a document, I would like to include people
who contributed, with their name, email, website and a short advertising
message describing their activities. I want to protect and enforce this
page that it is reproduced in all derived versions of the original
document. Is this possible and if so, how the text of the Apache 2.0
license should it be formulated?

Many thanks

gw

Re: Apache license (invariant section)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On 22 May 2012 20:44, Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this possible and if so, how the text of the Apache 2.0
> license should it be formulated?

It's only possible if you change the license and then it wouldn't be
the Apache license. That is there is no built in mechanism to do this.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: Apache license (invariant section)

Posted by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Donald,

2012/5/22 Donald Whytock <dw...@gmail.com>

> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On the "Contributors" page of a document, I would like to include people
> > who contributed, with their name, email, website and a short advertising
> > message describing their activities. I want to protect and enforce this
> > page that it is reproduced in all derived versions of the original
> > document. Is this possible and if so, how the text of the Apache 2.0
> > license should it be formulated?
>
> Email?  Is that a good idea?

Not an obligation, if they will, of course. Idem for the rest of the
informations. They would have the liberty to choice which informations,
advertising message or not, they give.

Posted by Donald Whytock <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
Well ...

Instead of changing the license to suit your wishes
I would suggest using another Category-A license
for your contribution: ASL 1.1, for example.

best regards,

Pedro.