Posted to users@maven.apache.org by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com> on 2009/01/08 22:25:46 UTC

multimodule assembly

Hello,

I'm having some difficulty achieving the following:

I have a Parent pom, which generates a tar via the assembly plugin.  Under
the Parent I have Child1 that also generates a tar assembly file and a war
dependency that I want included.  I want the tar from child1 and the war to
be included in the Parent tar, How do I achieve this???

I've added my child1 pom as a <module><module> in my parent.  Child1
generates the tar correctly, but Parent generates the tar without the tar
from Child1, but it does include the war.

This is what I have in my Parent assembly (I tried with

<assembly>
        <id>smp-dist</id>
        <formats>
                <format>tar.gz</format>
        </formats>
        <includeBaseDirectory>true</includeBaseDirectory>
        <moduleSets>
           <moduleSet>
             <includeSubModules>true</includeSubModules>
             <includes>
                <include>*:child1</include>
             </includes>
           </moduleSet>
        </moduleSets>
        <dependencySets>
                <dependencySet>
                        <useProjectArtifact>false</useProjectArtifact>
                        <includes>
                                <include>*:war</include>
                        </includes>
                </dependencySet>
        </dependencySets>
</assembly>

I also tried by adding:
             <includeSubModules>true</includeSubModules>
             <includes>
                <include>*:child1</include>
             </includes>
             <binaries>
                <attachmentClassifier>child1</attachmentClassifier>
             </binaries>

Can anyone help???

Sonia

Re: multimodule assembly

Posted by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com>.

I did it this way and it works...  but not sure it's the right way....

       <fileSets>
         <fileSet>
             <directory>3fs-dist/target</directory>
             <includes>
                <include>*.tar.gz</include>
             </includes>
             <outputDirectory></outputDirectory>
          </fileSet>
       </fileSets>

Somehow I think that if it's a submodule I shouldn't have to specify the
directory,etc...

Sonia