Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/12 19:40:10 UTC

Re: Build failure in Jenkins build of log4j/release-2.x (14)

I've pushed the backport for fixing this build error. For those
curious: the problem was the "recordIssues" build step requires a
Jenkins agent to execute, and I had configured the pipeline not to use
on at the root level. The mail and slackSend steps are both node-less
steps (i.e., they're basically Jenkins plugins executing via the
Jenkins master), and those would have otherwise worked fine in the
existing Jenkinsfile. In declarative pipeline syntax, nodes are
referenced through the "agent" directive.

And in case the Jenkins nomenclature is confusing, a node and an
agent/slave are all effectively the same thing; node is a superset
term that includes the Jenkins master when it has executors enabled
(an insecure configuration setting in shared Jenkins masters).

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>