Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jeff Sheets <je...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/10 18:03:25 UTC

PortletPreferences Deleted on Redeploy

I'm using the PortletPreferences API to store the "edit" screen info
for my JSR168 Portlets, so that each user can customize the
information available on the portlet.  The problem is that if I make a
bug fix to a portlet and redeploy it, the preferences have been reset
when the user refreshes their screen.  Is this standard behavior?  I
couldn't find exact detail in the spec, so I am hoping that the
preferences are only deleted when the user removes and re-adds the
portlet to their screen.  It seems that if a bug fix is applied, that
the user's preferences should remain unless the portlet.xml has
changed.

-- Jeff Sheets