Posted to user@hive.apache.org by B C <ah...@yahoo.com> on 2013/11/06 03:16:28 UTC

Why hiveserver2 is much slower than hiveserver1?

hi,

We are building ms sql cube by linkedserver connecting to hiveserver with Cloudera's ODBC driver.

There are two test results:
1. hiveserver1 running on 2CPUs, 8G mem, took about 8 hours
2. hiveserver2 running on 4CPUs, 16 mem, took about 13 hours and 27min (almost failed on machine with 2CPUs, 8G mem)

Although on both cases, almost all CPUs are busy when building cube.
But I cannot understand why hiveserver2 is much slower than hiveserver1,
because from doc, hs2 support concurrency, it should be faster than hs1, isn't it?

Thanks.

CDH4.3 on CentOS6.

Re: Why hiveserver2 is much slower than hiveserver1?

Posted by Navis류승우 <na...@nexr.com>.
HIVE-3746 modified IDL to handle nulls in more performant manner.
(hiveserver1 does not handle nulls)

Thanks.