Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Christian Hoermann <0o...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/01 06:12:06 UTC

Re: 200 Response on die

Hello Clint,

> Yes, it is intended behaviour.

thank you for clarifying this.

> What I do is keep all of my content in a single variable, and once
> pretty much everything that could die has finished, I
> $r->print($content) as the last action by my handler.

> All the previous code is wrapped in an eval, so I can catch any die's
> and send a custom error page instead of $content.

That sounds like a really good way to do it; I was thinking of doing
it like that too. Combining this with a good exception handling module
will allow for some helpful and more specific error pages.

> Also, have a read of these docs:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/coding/coding.html#Integration_with_Apache_Issues

Thanks for the link, I've had a read of it and most of the other
documentation on the site. It's good that there's quite a bit of
detailed documentation for mod_perl.

Best Regards,

Christian