Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com> on 2011/07/01 13:08:23 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release River 2.2.0

"next release" being 2.2.0 or 2.2.1?

I would still like to release 2.2.0 as-is with a nicer-to-build (and better
docs on running the tests!) coming very soon after as 2.2.1.

Exactly how long do we need to leave the voting open for anyway?

Grammar and spelling have been sacrificed on the altar of messaging via
mobile device.

Re: [VOTE] Release River 2.2.0

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
According to http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html:

"Votes should generally be permitted to run for at least 72 hours to
provide an opportunity for all concerned persons to participate
regardless of their geographic locations."

I read "next release" as meaning the release after the one we are voting on.

Patricia

Re: [VOTE] Release River 2.2.0

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1 to release

Checked the apache-river-2.2.0.tar.gz package with SHA1 sum
7c0ec4a2a884f079e7349579fd8bebcad3c6066f from
http://people.apache.org/~thobbs/river/.

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Exactly how long do we need to leave the voting open for anyway?

72 hours is the normal time for a vote thread.

BR,

Jukak