Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joon Lee <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/18 13:13:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: site loads correctly using lan ip, but not from other computers on same lan

Hi Serge, thanks for the reply!

>>Have you read into AllowCONNECT
I've tried adding it for ports 9999 and 8888.

>>does your URL change when you visit the pages.
>>Since I'd expect proxypass and proxypassreverse to refer to the same url
I've changed the setting for ProxyPassReverse to match ProxyPass

so now my vhost setting for the webapp looks like this with AllowConnect
added and ProxyPassReverse edited:

<VirtualHost *:9999>
ServerAdmin admin@example.com
ServerName www.example.com
ServerAlias example.com

# Indexes + Directory Root.
DirectoryIndex index.php
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/example.com/wordpress

ProxyRequests Off
AllowConnect 9999 8888
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8888/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8888 <http://www.example.com:9999/>
#ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain localhost:8888 www.example.com:9999/
ProxyPassReverseCookiePath / /

</VirtualHost>

>>Have you read the logs and could you post any relevant entries
After the changes, the behavior is the same, and both the access and error
logs don't show any entries for attempts to access 192.168.1.5:9999 from
other computers on the network, only for the attempts made from 192.168.1.5
itself.

Any other ideas?

-Daniel Lee