Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Erich Eckner <ap...@eckner.net> on 2017/02/27 19:21:02 UTC

[users@httpd] download stops at 1kB

Hi,

I have a strange problem:
I'm running an apache server (Apache/2.2.22 under Debian) with several
vhosts, one of which is hosted at crux.eckner.net, on a vps.
The index document "http://crux.eckner.net/index.html" stops
transferring after 1kB (exactly 1024 Bytes are shown if I do 'curl
http://crux.eckner.net/index.html', firefox also hangs at the respective
position). index.html is a local file and I deactivated all
dynamic-content-stuff (e.g. php). If I wait long enough, I get a timeout:
the client says: "curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer",
the server logs nothing.

The strange part is, that each of the following work fine:
- Downloading via https, e.g. https://crux.eckner.net/index.html
- Downloading the same file with same size, but replaced content, works
fine - e.g. 'head -c 14052 /dev/urandom | base64 -w0 > index.html', then
'curl http://crux.eckner.net/index.html'

I'm somewhat out of Ideas where to look next :-(
Any hints are apreciated.

Cheers,
Erich

Re: [users@httpd] download stops at 1kB

Posted by Erich Eckner <ap...@eckner.net>.
Hi,

vps = virtual private server. It's virtualized at some level.

cheers, Erich

Posted by Oscar Knorn <os...@uni-due.de>.

Posted by Erich Eckner <ap...@eckner.net>.
Hi Luca,

I'm somewhat unsure which configuration is used by apache, because it's
all configured via plesk-parallels panel (ugh).

So I put my configuration files and access/error_log online under
eckner.net/apache2.conf (/etc/apache2/apache2.conf)
eckner.net/httpd.conf (/var/www/vhosts/system/eckner.net/conf/httpd.conf)
eckner.net/access_log (for crux.eckner.net)
eckner.net/error_log (for crux.eckner.net)

I can't believe this is all the logs apache produces in "LogLevel debug"
for this vhost, but I can't find any more, either.

If you need any other infos, just let me know, which.

regards,
Erich

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,