Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ran Tavory <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/13 15:35:07 UTC

Re: Cassandra guarantees reads and writes to be atomic within a single ColumnFamily.

I've posted the question on stackoverflow
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2055037/cassandra-atomic-reads-writes-within-a-single-columnfamily

Anyone has the answer?

Cassandra's front page http://incubator.apache.org/cassandra/ states that:

Cassandra guarantees reads and writes to be atomic within a single
ColumnFamily.

What exactly does that mean?
It sounds like it means that batch_insert() and batch_mutate() of two
different rows, in the same CF is atomic and if the operation on one of the
rows fails, the whole operation fails. but it sounds too good to be true...
Is this correct?