Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de> on 2011/03/01 16:40:42 UTC

Will there be a 1.3.1?

Hi,

for several reasons I'd suggest to release a 1.3.1 soon.

My issues:

1) Supports Maven 3
2) Fixes in resolving executables - removes the necessity for having
framework directories on %PATH%
3) The custom-lifecycle-plugin i committed last year never really worked
:( - now it does :-)

-
Lars

Re: Will there be a 1.3.1?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de> wrote:

> for several reasons I'd suggest to release a 1.3.1 soon.

Release early, release often. :)  I think we're waiting on a vote or
two for 1.3.0, so it would seem reasonable to either finish that up
first, or decide to abandon it.  (Would the current infrastructure
support having two staged releases at one time?)  Either way, I
wouldn't expect it to be too long before the next one, as you noted,
there are already plenty of fixes.

--
Wendy

Re: Will there be a 1.3.1?

Posted by Josimpson Ocaba <jo...@g2ix.net>.
----- "Lars Corneliussen" <me...@lcorneliussen.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for several reasons I'd suggest to release a 1.3.1 soon.
>
> My issues:
>
> 1) Supports Maven 3
> 2) Fixes in resolving executables - removes the necessity for having
> framework directories on %PATH%
> 3) The custom-lifecycle-plugin i committed last year never really
> worked
> :( - now it does :-)
>
> -
> Lars

+1 on doing a 1.3.1. We could also move the fixes we have now for 2.0, let us just wait for the 1.3-incubating vote to be official.