Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Tim Van Steenburgh <va...@users.sf.net> on 2014/01/01 06:38:14 UTC

[allura:tickets] #4812 Title field for new tickets mistaken as search bar [ss367]

- **status**: code-review --> closed
- **QA**: Tim Van Steenburgh
- **Milestone**: forge-backlog --> forge-jan-10

---

** [tickets:#4812] Title field for new tickets mistaken as search bar [ss367]**

**Status:** closed
**Labels:** p3 support 42cc
**Created:** Tue Aug 28, 2012 05:55 PM UTC by Chris Tsai
**Last Updated:** Wed Dec 25, 2013 01:20 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

[forge:site-support:#367]

>By the way, in case you wonder how this is so easily done, I followed started on the "Site Support" page (https://sourceforge.net/support), followed the "Login and report an issue with SourceForge services" link (https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/new/) which puts the user in "new ticket" mode, even though they might want to search tickets, and then on the support page the active form field appears next to "Search Site-Support", even though that's actually a field and not a label, and the "Title" label in the background of the active field, which might indicate that the user is creating a new ticket with that title (or it could indicate that a search might work using titles - there's no "new ticket" qualifier), disappears when the field immediately gains focus upon page loading.

I can definitely see how this could happen, I think we've gotten ~3 tickets that I think were meant to be searches so far.

We should also change the form's behavior so that hitting "enter" after just entering a title doesn't submit the ticket.

Ref: [forge:site-support:#2260]

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/