Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stephen Gilbert <li...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/29 15:41:56 UTC

AuthenNTLM

I've recently installed AuthenNTLM to authenticate my web users off of my NT
Domain.  The module is working, to a degree.  I can authenticate off of the
domain, but unlike our IIS server (which I am desperately trying to get rid
of), when a user using MSIE accesses the new AuthenNTLM website, it will
prompt for the username and password.  If the user enters it, it
authenticates them just fine, but on IIS the user isn't ever even prompted.
It just works behind the scenes.  Is this the way AuthenNTLM should work?

The relevant part of my httpd.conf file reads:

<Location /secure>
PerlAuthenHandler Apache2::AuthenNTLM
AuthType ntlm,basic
AuthName testntlm
require valid-user
PerlAddVar ntdomain "OBSERVER kpcobs2s125cj kpcobs2s125ch"
PerlSetVar defaultdomain OBSERVER
PerlSetVar splitdomainprefix 1
PerlSetVar ntmldebug 2
</Location>

What I'm seeing in my eror_log when someone tries to connect is:

[14560]  AuthenNTLM:  Authorization Header <not given>
[Mon Jan 29 08:20:02 2007]  [error]  Bad/Missing NTLM/Basic Authorization
Header for /secure

--
Stephen Gilbert
RHCE - 804006953620491