Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Balaji Chandrasekaran <cb...@virtusa.com> on 2006/04/18 17:02:42 UTC

Velocity error

Hi,

I'm getting the following exception because of the line mentioned below
in my vm file

#set($portletName=$!jetspeed.getTitle($jetspeed.getPortletEntity($f),
$f))

Any clues ........pls reply ASAP

Invocation of method 'getPortletEntity' in class
org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerToolImpl threw exception class
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException : Cannot pass a null
PortletDefinition to a PortletEntity.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot pass a null PortletDefinition
to a PortletEntity.
            at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletentity.PortletEntityImpl.setPortle
tDefinition(PortletEntityImpl.java:380)
            at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletentity.PersistenceBrokerPortletEnt
ityAccess.getPortletEntity(PersistenceBrokerPortletEntityAccess.java:238
)
            at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletentity.PersistenceBrokerPortletEnt
ityAccess.getPortletEntityForFragment(PersistenceBrokerPortletEntityAcce
ss.java:270)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
            at
a:39)
            at
Impl.java:25)
            at
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(
AopUtils.java:284)
            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinp
oint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:155)
            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
lectiveMethodInvocation.java:122)
            at
org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invok
e(TransactionInterceptor.java:56)
            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAo
pProxy.java:174)

Regards,
Balaji C

Re: Velocity error

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 4/18/06, Balaji Chandrasekaran <cb...@virtusa.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm getting the following exception because of the line mentioned below
> in my vm file
>

> #set($portletName=$!jetspeed.getTitle($jetspeed.getPortletEntity($f),
> $f))

Try this one $!jetspeed.getTitle($jetspeed.getCurrentPortletEntity(), $f)
I got it from src/webapp/decorations/portlet/decorator.vm

Phil

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy