Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/13 07:19:19 UTC

Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

We have remastered Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz installed. If anybody is
interested its available at following link

http://www.adititechlabs.com/images/OfbizLive.iso

Very soon we'll also share script automating most of the process.

Comments for Improvement are welcome.

Regards
Anil Patel

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Ian McNulty <ia...@mcnultymedia.co.uk>.
Anil,

Many thanks for checking this out.

Running a clean build sounds right. I waited minutes not 10s, couldn't
see any disk activity so assumed it had hung. Will  try again and let
you know.

Regards,

Ian

Anil Patel wrote:
> [...]
>
> For now If you wait for few 10s mins it will come up.
>
> regards
> Anil Patel
>
> On 1/13/07, Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I did testing before uploading. I am not sure if something went wrong in
>> upload process. I'll download and try it.
>>
>> Regards
>> Anil Patel
>>

>> On 1/13/07, Ian McNulty <ia...@mcnultymedia.co.uk> wrote:
>> >
>> > Anil,
>> >
>> > Have burned 2 CDs using ISO Recorder and attempted to boot from each.
>> >
>> > On a brand-new XP Home box, they hang on reading the CD.
>> >
>> > On an XP Pro box with Promise Fastrack RAID it says: "NTLDR is
>> missing"
>> >
>> > On a Ubuntu Edgy box I get "Boot record on CDROM... Not Found"
>> >
>> > I have proved myself capable of making the stupidest mistakes.
>> >
>> > Most often a fresh eye is all that is required.
>> >
>> > Anybody got any ideas what may be wrong here?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Ian

>> anybody is

>> > --
>> >

>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> > mcnultyMEDIA
>> > 60 Birkdale Gardens
>> > Durham
>> > DH1 2UL
>> >
>> > t: +44 (0)191 384 4736
>> > e: ian@mcnultymedia.co.uk
>> > w: www.mcnultymedia.co.uk
>> >
>> ==============================================================================================
>>

>> > This communication is for the exclusive use of the intended
>> recipient(s)
>> > named above and is confidential. Any form of distribution, copying,
>> > discussion or use of this communication, its contents, or any
>> information
>> > contained herein without prior consent is strictly prohibited. If you
>> > receive this communication in error, please notify the sender by
>> email or by
>> > telephone on +44 (0)191 384 4736

>> > liability sustained as a result of software viruses and would
>> recommend that
>> > you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.
>> >

>> ==============================================================================================

mcnultyMEDIA
60 Birkdale Gardens
Durham
DH1 2UL

t: +44 (0)191 384 4736
e: ian@mcnultymedia.co.uk
w: www.mcnultymedia.co.uk
This communication is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) named above and is confidential. Any form of distribution, copying, discussion or use of this communication, its contents, or any information contained herein without prior consent is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please notify the sender by email or by telephone on +44 (0)191 384 4736

This email has been checked for viruses, however, we cannot accept any liability sustained as a result of software viruses and would recommend that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Amine AZZI <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I can't download the iso file, has it been removed?

Amine.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Ian McNulty <ia...@mcnultymedia.co.uk>.
Walter,

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by "Alex D. Fleming" <al...@gmail.com>.
Walter,

You are right.
In my first attempt I also copied this burned image file to the disk.
Then I used the option to burn image from my CD burning software and it
worked fine for me.

Thanks walter for your Tip.

--
Regards
Alex D. Fleming

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Ian McNulty <ia...@mcnultymedia.co.uk>.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Daniel Kunkel <Da...@BioWaves.com>.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Ian McNulty <ia...@mcnultymedia.co.uk>.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Daniel Kunkel <Da...@BioWaves.com>.

--
Daniel

*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-
Have a GREAT Day!

Daniel Kunkel           DanielKunkel@BioWaves.com
BioWaves, LLC           http://www.BioWaves.com
14150 NE 20th St. Suite F1
Bellevue, WA 98007
800-734-3588    425-895-0050
http://www.Apartment-Pets.com  http://www.Illusion-Optical.com
http://www.Card-Offer.com      http://www.RackWine.com
http://www.JokesBlonde.com     http://www.Brain-Fun.com
*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Ian McNulty <ia...@mcnultymedia.co.uk>.
Anil,

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Ian McNulty <ia...@mcnultymedia.co.uk>.
Good news. How long did it take to load? Any ideas what I could do to
get it working my end?

Ian

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by mikeW <mi...@strangestofplaces.com>.
Also worked for me on XP Pro.

Mike

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.
Ian,

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.
Ian,

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Ian McNulty <ia...@mcnultymedia.co.uk>.
Anil,

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Ian McNulty <ia...@mcnultymedia.co.uk>.
Jacques,

Your absolutely right. How did I miss that? What an idiot I am! :o
indeed! Thanks for letting me know.

Ian

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Ian,
>
> David was asking about OFBiz revision # not Ubuntu version ;o)
>
> Jacques

>>> 1) ofbiz.apache.org as FireFox home page.
>>> 2) Add Application Bookmarks on Toolbar

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Ian,

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Ian McNulty <ia...@mcnultymedia.co.uk>.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Also it would be interesting to test https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-567 POS issue and if you find a right
(distro+winManager) combination to use it preferably (right now only FC3+XFCE seems to make it)

FDYT ?

Thanks

Jacques

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Additional ideas in regards to Firefox settings.

Homepage be the ecommerce page
Set the other applications in the bookmark toolbar

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.
One more thing,

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.
One more thing,

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Anil,

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.
On Saturday 13 January 2007 00:19, Anil Patel wrote:
> We have remastered Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz installed. If anybody is
> interested its available at following link

Ubuntu has some benefits but I think it would be better to stick with a
strictly Debian based infrastructure for several reasons. First is the fact
that Ubuntu staff have a stronger influence on what happens with the
operating system than the community does. Theoretically this arrangement
allows them to achieve more efficient progress. I question that conclusion
since the entire Free Software movement is about the idea that closed
hierarchical development generates less overall productivity.

After considerable experience dealing with broken upgrades from Knoppix and
other live cds I think that the cleaner the upgrade path to the Debian mirror
network, the better. I've been using DFS
(http://people.debian.org/~jgoerzen/dfs/html) and it provides a pretty good
way to put a minimal install on a server without a lot of desktop-oriented
stuff cluttering it up.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Posted by Ian McNulty <ia...@mcnultymedia.co.uk>.
Anil,

This is so exciting. Brilliant! Thank you so much. I've just finished
the download. Can't wait to try it out.

OFBiz running on Damn Small Linux on a USB stick. How wonderful is that?

I'm wondering if you're planning to do anything about the documentation?
It seems to be all there, but imo too much is buried in the detail.
Simple things, like how to deploy in the average small business with a
website, maybe a couple of POS systems, and a business to run? How can
you get it to work with VAT and none-US state names? Such things are
currently very difficult to track down.

I understand that consultancy needs to be built into the equation, or
none of us can pay the rent. But the genius of Ubuntu is that almost
anybody can get a workable  installation running without expert help and
without hitting unforeseen problems half way down the line.

Customisation and maintenance in a business environment is another
matter - which is where expert help needs to kick in.

Imo the easier it is to see how OFBiz can work in the average small
business, the wider the user base and the more consultancy work there
will be.

Thank you so much again. Genius!

Regards,

Ian

Re: Ofbiz & TrixBox (was Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz)

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Ean,

Same! Work together? Email me privately if you want, so we don't clog mailing list with personal
messages.

Jonathon

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Ean,

For fax work are you taking advantage of just sending
email with the fax attachment to the fax solution
available with asterisk or are you doing something
else?

,Chris

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
I find simple-method easier not so much for coding
convenience (which is definitely a plus) but for the
ability to quickly make corrections if a value isn't
being returned correctly, especially when tossing
things into a black box of sorts.

simple-method would be equally as "easy" if we could
just figure out why the
org.ofbiz.base.util.ObjectType.loadClass will only
return the cached classes as being valid.

The non cached methods work when using call-bsh, but
not when using call-*-method.  Both operations return
the same value for methodContext.getLoader() which is
WebappClassLoader.  But, beanshell does something with
the loader itself while call-*-method searches the
loader itself for the class.

If this gets figured out it will be so much easier to
incorporate mondrian, asterisk, and to straighten out
the cart/order helper.

Any tips on how to debug this further would be greatly
appreciated.

,Chris

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
This may be helpful as well:

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
There are communication events to certainly deal with
the information, however there isn't any automation in
the community project for this at the moment.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz