Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Frans Thamura <fl...@meruvian.org> on 2008/01/04 00:44:35 UTC

ReqeustMappingFilter to action debugging

hi all

just chat with dave, and i think that is cool if we can share it here

i just debug how can a struts action is executed from a URL

this is the case study

our handler is http://www.nagasakti.or.id/roller/flatburger, that is my
roller's handler

and dave give me a key, the handler will filtered by RequestMapper which i
can see the implementation is RequestMappingFilter

but ....

i cannot get how can a servlet Filter calling a struts action?

one user can have multiple blogs, and a blogs can have multiple user, this
is many to many relationship and any user just remember the handler name....
which a name for combination of both.

any glue all

--
Frans Thamura

Re: ReqeustMappingFilter to action debugging

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 3, 2008 6:44 PM, Frans Thamura <fl...@meruvian.org> wrote:
> just chat with dave, and i think that is cool if we can share it here
>
> i just debug how can a struts action is executed from a URL
>
> this is the case study
>
> our handler is http://www.nagasakti.or.id/roller/flatburger, that is my
> roller's handler
>
> and dave give me a key, the handler will filtered by RequestMapper which i
> can see the implementation is RequestMappingFilter
>

> but ....
>
> i cannot get how can a servlet Filter calling a struts action?

I haven't tried that before, so you'll have to do some research to
study the code and to try different approaches. Are you sure you
cannot do what you want to do by simply adding some new page templates
to your existing blog(s). Maybe if you describe the "use case" you are
trying to implement we could give you some clues.

- Dave