Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Adam Jack <aj...@TrySybase.com> on 2003/03/04 18:25:03 UTC

Empty password

I know this worked once, and my repository config file has my real password.
Somehow though -- although
the other values are being taken from my repository config, the password is
being reported as blank, and
so the repository name is being used as a password. Could something I
checked out interfere? Could something
I set in one of the other config files interfere? Any pointers appreciated.

Attempting to run:

	C:\Gump\workspace>update trysybase
	cvs -z3 -d :pserver:xxx@xxxx.trysybase.com:/xxxx/cvsroot checkout -P
(repository name)

	cvs checkout: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

	cvs [checkout aborted]: authorization failed: server xxxx.trysybase.com
rejected
	access to /xxxx/cvsroot for user xxx

	C:\Gump\workspace>

Config:

<repository name="trysybase" type="cvs">
  <title>TrySybase</title>
  <home-page>http://www.TrySybase.com/</home-page>

  <root>
    <method>pserver</method>
    <user>xxxx</user>
    <password>REAL PASSWORD HERE</password>
    <hostname>xxxx.trysybase.com</hostname>
    <path>/xxxx/cvsroot</path>
  </root>
</repository>

Adam
--
<http://www.TrySybase.com>
Experience Sybase Technology ...

RE: Empty password

Posted by Adam Jack <aj...@TrySybase.com>.
Hmm, investigating further I see that every cvs_*.html seems to show the
same, (1) the repository name as the password and (2) wincvs 1.3 saying
"empty password" ... however some servers let this slide, and some do not.

e.g.

	cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic update -P -d -A
ant

	cvs update: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

	cvs server: Updating ant
	cvs server: Updating ant/docs

any insights/pointers on my two issues (1) setting the right password (2)
passing it to wincvs?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Adam