Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Cihad Guzel <cg...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/26 00:45:07 UTC

Custom Parser Plugin for Tika Server

Hi,

I have prepared a custom parser plugin. I am running a tika server using
docker. Is there a way to introduce my parser plugin to the tika server? Or
should I create my own custom tika-server jar package?

Regards,
Cihad Guzel

Re: Custom Parser Plugin for Tika Server

Posted by Cihad Guzel <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,

For now I solved my need by rebuilding the docker image.
TIKA-3907 will better solve the need.

Thanks,
Cihad Güzel

Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>, 27 Eki 2022 Per, 15:56 tarihinde şunu

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
I've been struggling with this too.  Outside of Docker, what I've been
doing is using a bin/ directory and throwing everything in there and then
starting tika-server: java -cp "bin/*"
org.apache.tika.server.core.cli.TikaServerCli ...

If we moved to that model in our Docker container, then you could start
with ours and then add your jar to the bin/ directory and be done.

What do you think?

Fellow devs, especially, Dave Meikle, what's the best way to handle adding
custom jars to our Docker container?