Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Carolina Simoes Gomes <ca...@huawei.com> on 2016/06/07 23:33:31 UTC

Can you enable Thrift on a node and still connect remotely to it using CQL/port 9042?

Hello,

I have a question. I have changed the Cassandra driver (3.0.0) so we can connect to and query two nodes (Cassandra 3.2.1), the local one and a remote node, using the driver's native protocol (CQL, port 9042).

But it seems that when I enable Thrift in cassandra.yaml (start_rpc=true, port 9160), I cannot subsequently connect remotely to the remote node using CQL, from inside the driver.

Is there a way of having Thrift enabled on a node but also being able to connect remotely to it using CQL/port 9042?

Thanks!

Carolina Gomes, M.Sc.
Systems Researcher
Huawei Canada Research Center
19 Allstate Parkway, Suite 200
Markham ON   L3R 5A
carolina.gomes@huawei.com<ma...@huawei.com>
www.huawei.ca<http://www.huawei.ca>

Re: Can you enable Thrift on a node and still connect remotely to it using CQL/port 9042?

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
My understanding is this should work. As this is a small issue from a month
ago, please shout out if you are still facing this issue. I'll try to help.

C*heers,
Alain Rodriguez - alain@thelastpickle.com
France

http://www.thelastpickle.com