Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU> on 1999/10/23 22:39:54 UTC

Re: Memory Allocation in APR (WAS: local/remote address in conn_rec)

My opinion is that abstract data types should include built-in allocators,
whereas functions that simply fill-out the values in a predetermined structure
should have that structure passed-into them.  But that is the same opinion
I had last time, and doesn't fit into the voting choices because I would
never choose a single allocation method for an entire library unless that
library was restricted to a single purpose, and I won't vote on anything
until I have time to get back to coding (still in dissertation hell).

....Roy