Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/04 07:27:38 UTC

Does Hive 0.7.0 support Hadoop 0.21.0?

Or does it support hadoop 0.21.0 in the near further?

Regards,

Xiaobo Gu

Re: Does Hive 0.7.0 support Hadoop 0.21.0?

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Xiaobo,
>>
>> No. it does not. Not many things support 0.21.0. It is considered the
>> latest release but it is far from standard. Most people are still
>> using patched versions of 0.20.X
>
> Greenplum 4.1.0.0 supports Hadoop 0.21.0 only
>

>> Thank you,
>> Edward
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:36 AM, 김영우 <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I believe you can track the issue from jira.
>>> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-1612
>>> - Youngwoo

Yikes. Interesting choice on their part. Recently Odd number hadoop
releases have been about as adopted as odd number linux kernel
releases. 0.17.2 being the exception.

Re: Does Hive 0.7.0 support Hadoop 0.21.0?

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Xiaobo,

Posted by 김영우 <wa...@gmail.com>.