Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Stefan Falk <s....@student.tugraz.at> on 2015/01/18 20:33:02 UTC

Problems building the project

Hi!

I really get quite a list of errors when I check out the trunk as Maven
project using Eclipse Luna and the latest m2e Maven plugin (see
screenshot).

I am not sure if I am missing a plugin or if I am using somewhere the
wrong version of a plugin.

I've tried to do it manually by calling "mvn clean install" but this
fails too (see maven.log).

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Best regards,
Stefan

Re: Problems building the project

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

https://www.google.de/search?q=JCE+unlimited+strength+jurisdiction+policy+files

Re: Problems building the project

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

Can't tell about the eclipse problems (I use netbeans), but re: strong
encryption - could it be that you have several JDK versions on your system?

Another possible cause - I'm not 100% sure of this - is the question on
whether to install it in the jre lib/security or in the jdk jre
lib/security dir. It probably depends of what is used.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19398-01/820-1228/agfik/index.html
"Where, <java-home> is the JRE directory within your Java Development
Kit (JDK) environment, or the top-level directory of the JRE. "

Tilman

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.
On 18 Jan 2015, at 13:19, Stefan Falk <s....@student.tugraz.at> wrote:

> Hm, I don't get it. The requested files are already present on my system. And I can even run the JUnit tests in Eclipse for the encryption package successfully without any fails.

Sounds like you have more than one JRE installed, try running the org.apache.pdfbox.util.TestRendering test from Eclipse and see what it prints out, it should log your JDK and version, e.g.

JDK: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
Version: 1.8

The above version is what appears in your attached Maven log from the previous mail.

— John

> It only fails if I run "mvn clean install" manually.
>
> I am rather concerned about these errors I am getting in Eclipse
>
> > Error(s) found in manifest configuration (org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:2.4.0:bundle:default-bundle:package) pom.xml

I’m not sure where this error is coming from, if it’s M2E then it’s not our problem. If it’s Maven then we might want to look at updating the felix plugin. However, that plugin is for creating OSGi bundles, so I doubt it’s the cause of your other build problem.

> and
>
> > Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:javacc-maven-plugin:2.6:javacc (execution: javacc, phase: generate-sources)
> > Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: com.googlecode.maven-download-plugin:maven-download-plugin:1.1.0:wget (execution: get-isartor, phase: generate-test-resources)
>
> any ideas why I get these errors?

These errors are specific to M2E and its configuration and not related to the Maven build itself.

Posted by Stefan Falk <s....@student.tugraz.at>.

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hello Stefan,