Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Wicus <wi...@webmail.co.za> on 2008/11/10 16:17:05 UTC

WebStore

Hi,

I have two copies of OFBiz running on two different computers. (both Linux)

The one is installed with the DEMO data, whereas the other is not (A "clean"
installation)

I work mostly on the "clean installaton" and refer to the DEMO installation
for help.

Currently I simply can't get a store "connected" to a website....
:-( (refering to the "clean installation" from this point forward)

1.) I created "Web Site Id" : eCommerce
and selected my store under "Product Store Id"
2.) Then went to the <Content> Appheader and created "Content Id"
eCommerceContent with "Content Type Id" Publish Point. "Status ID" is set to
Available
3.) Under Content - WebSites - Content I add "Content Id" eCommerceContent
as a Publish Point

Yet I still cannot get my store reflected in the website when connecting to
https://localhost:8443/ecommerce

I got it working once in the past, yet after a restore to previous data,
can't get it going again...:,(

The webstore states "No Product Store" at the top of the page.

In addition, can someone please elaborate on the CMS acronym and it meaning.
Could I be missing something in this department.

Thanks

Re: WebStore

Posted by Wicus <wi...@webmail.co.za>.
Thanks once again guys.

Could you also please enlighten me on what is set where to show the
categories within the webstore, once the catelog is selected.

Mine just isn't showing.... (within the webstore)

Should I <Catalog> - Select a Catalog - <Categories>, I can adjust
categories on the catalog which reflects immediately on the webstore.

Once a catalog is selected within the webstore, it does not however reflect
the available categories in the left bar of the webstore....

Re: WebStore

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
and that can be done from http://localhost:8080/catalog/control/main
Stores --> Create New Product Store -- > Web Sites

Kind Regards
--
Pranay Pandey
Direct : 919826035576

Re: WebStore

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: WebStore

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: WebStore

Posted by Wicus <wi...@webmail.co.za>.
Thanks

Re: WebStore

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
You will have to set webSiteId in your web.xml file, and then will
need to restart the server, because it sets context-param to
application attribute with name [webSiteId] and its value given there.
CMS stands for Content Management System which helps us in usually
managing static contents over the site effectively.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards
--
Pranay Pandey
Direct : 919826035576

Re: WebStore

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Yes thats right for more details If you will refer to DemoProduct.xml
file, will be of real help for you.

Thanks & Regards
--
Pranay Pandey
Direct : 919826035576

Re: WebStore

Re: WebStore

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
You need to have a look at DemoProduct.xml file for setting up catalog
for your product store.

Thanks & Regards
--
Pranay Pandey
Manager, Enterprise Software Development

Office : +917314093684
Direct : +919826035576

Re: WebStore

Re: WebStore

Posted by Wicus <wi...@webmail.co.za>.
Thanks for the reply guys.

Yes, I have the WebSiteId set in
/applications/ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/web.xml within
<param-value>eCommerce</param-value>.

I have stopped and restarted ofbiz, yet with no luck .... Do I need to
restart the box ? Will be trying right now...

Re: WebStore

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 07:17 -0800, Wicus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two copies of OFBiz running on two different computers. (both Linux)
>
> The one is installed with the DEMO data, whereas the other is not (A "clean"
> installation)
>
> I work mostly on the "clean installaton" and refer to the DEMO installation
> for help.
>
> Currently I simply can't get a store "connected" to a website....
> :-( (refering to the "clean installation" from this point forward)
>
> 1.) I created "Web Site Id" : eCommerce
> and selected my store under "Product Store Id"
> 2.) Then went to the <Content> Appheader and created "Content Id"
> eCommerceContent with "Content Type Id" Publish Point. "Status ID" is set to
> Available
> 3.) Under Content - WebSites - Content I add "Content Id" eCommerceContent
> as a Publish Point
>
> Yet I still cannot get my store reflected in the website when connecting to
> https://localhost:8443/ecommerce
>
> I got it working once in the past, yet after a restore to previous data,
> can't get it going again...:,(
>
> The webstore states "No Product Store" at the top of the page.
>

> In addition, can someone please elaborate on the CMS acronym and it meaning.
> Could I be missing something in this department.
>
> Thanks

Did you add your webSiteId in web.xml?
You don't need CMS stuff to have a website and store working.

Bilgin