Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Maximillian Dornseif <md...@hudora.de> on 2007/08/01 08:54:46 UTC

Re: STOMP and /temp-queue/

tabish121 wrote:

> At what point are you subscribing to the temp destination, before or
> after you send the message?

I tried both. I have written some Python-Test programs to illustrate the
issue. You should be able to run both programms with plain Python (no
external libraries needed). The constant HOST has to be fixed to point to
your ActiveMQ instance.

I implemented a simple ping "server" reading from a queue and sending back
the messages to the  queue given in the reply-to header. It is available for
inspection at  http://static.23.nu/md/Pictures/reply_test.py - the
interesting part is in BouncerHandler.recv_message().

The client used for testing is available at
http://static.23.nu/md/Pictures/somp_test.py - the interesting part is in
stompRPC(). If I use /queue/someting in the reply-to header it works. If I
use /temp-queue/someting in the reply-to header, it doesn't work.

If I use /foo/something in the reply-to header I get something like
ERROR
message:Illegal destination name: [/foo/temp-queue/queue.test.bouncer] --
ActiveMQ STOMP destinations must begine with one of: /queue/ /topic/
/temp-queue/ /temp-topic/

So obviously  ActiveMQ knows about /temp-queue/ and /temp-topic/ - I just
dont know how to use it or it is broken in ActiveMQ.

Regards

Maximillian