Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mamadou Bobo Sylla <bo...@ewarna.com> on 2001/08/29 11:12:12 UTC

Dynamic form handler

I have a page which contains a form that has been handled according which
link has clicked.
In another word if some click on edit, the form action attribute will have
to be inside XSL as (for example)
      <FORM action= "edit.xml" method="post">
if the user click on display , the form action attribute would look like
this (using the same XSL):
<FORM action= "display.xml" method="post">

Can any tell me how to do such task in Cocoon.
Thanx in advance.
Bobo

Re: Dynamic form handler

Posted by Mario Muja <ma...@delaval.com>.
You can have a hidden field in the form, which tells the processing
logic behind it, which action to perform. For example, you could use the
hidden field values "process_edit" and "process_display" or
corresponding numbers.

The processing logic can be an XSP page, which generates content
depending on the action string submitted as a request parameter. You
further need pipelines in the C2 sitemap.xmap file describing, which
stylesheet is applied to which XSP page result.

Hope this helps.
Mario Muja,