Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/08/11 12:36:30 UTC

Zones, Domains and Templates

Hi,

 I have a customer with several departments like : dept1, dept2, dept3 etc etc. I installed CS and am done with the provisioning process.

 Now, I want to create a vm for each dept. For ex: vm1->for->dept1, vm2->for->dept2, vm3->for->dept3. Each vm's will have its own set of application suite.

 The requirement is to assign a user to a dept. And when the user (in a specific dept) log's in, he/she should be able to see only the vm(and its app suite), for that specific dept.

 Any insights on how to implement the zone, domains, and templates for this scenario.

Thanks & Regards,
Giri

Re: Zones, Domains and Templates

Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for your valuable insights.

 Please dont mind the late reply, since I was travelling.

 How to assign virtual resources like a vm (instance), disk/network offering to a specific project.

 And where to find some good documentation on creating and using of the projects in cloudstack. Most of the ones I see, are only talking about the very standard procedures like adding users to projects and project
invitations etc.

I am looking at some documentation, which talks about assigning vm's, disk(s), networks and other virtual resources to the projects. And as well as some material on assigning access controls to the virtual resources, which can be used only by the authorised users on that project.

________________________________

________________________________

Posted by Xerex Bueno <xb...@LPSIntegration.COM>.

Posted by Xerex Bueno <xb...@LPSIntegration.COM>.