Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Hazel Chua <ha...@vixtechnology.com> on 2021/10/04 13:36:21 UTC

Attempting to create a new .xlsx file

While working in SoapUI (Groovy), I'm attempting to create a new workbook using :
Workbook wb = WorkbookFactory.create(true)

It throws back the following error :
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlOptions.setUseDefaultNamespace(Z)Lorg/apache/xmlbeans/XmlOptions

I'm using POI version 5.0.0 and has xmlbeans-5.0.1 as well.

Re: Attempting to create a new .xlsx file

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I created https://github.com/pjfanning/poi-gradle-example a few days ago to create a small example of how to use POI XSSF workbook with the right dependencies. - https://github.com/pjfanning/poi-gradle-example

On Tuesday 5 October 2021, 10:37:44 IST, PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

POI 5.0.0 is built to use XMLBeans 4.0.0. (see  https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.poi/poi-ooxml-lite/5.0.0)

POI 5.1.0 which will be released in next few weeks is built to use XMLBeans 5.0.1.

XMLBeans version numbers are based on Semantic Versioning. 4.x.y to 5.a.b is a major upgrade and there are no guarantees of full compatibility to older versions.