Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Vikas Parashar <vi...@fosteringlinux.com> on 2013/12/03 08:28:40 UTC

yarn vs zookeeper

Hi,

I am new for Big Data. Have configure a setup, where i am crawling some
data from different source and putting it on HDFS.

Now, for search i have configured solr on an instance and it's working
perfectly fine. Both things(Data & Index), we are putting on hdfs. So, i
have data and index on different (fully distributed)nodes.  But my pain
point is here that i don't have solr high-availability. When i am
searching, i am not sure it's distributed or not.

May zookeeper help on this, or yarn automatically take care of this.

--
Thanks & Regards:-
Vikas Parashar

Re: yarn vs zookeeper

Posted by omkar joshi <om...@gmail.com>.
yarn (if HA is enabled) will use zookeeper for HA. But this is only for
YARN framework and it does nothing for application's HA. Application's
should have their own logic for this. Zookeeper may be useful for this.