Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Balázs Zsoldos <ba...@everit.biz> on 2015/03/30 22:22:54 UTC

ConfigAdmin 1.8.2 does not call ManagedServiceFactory updates method

Hi,

I tried to upgrade felix configadmin from 1.8.0 to 1.8.2. With 1.8.0
everything is fine. However, with 1.8.2 the updated method of my
ManagedServiceFactory is called only if the configuration is re-bind the
configuration on webconsole.

In case the framework starts or I re-install the ManagedServiceFactory
service, the updated method is not called.

I debugged version 1.8.2 a bit and I see that the code arrives to
*UpdateThread:190:*

            updateTasks.notifyAll();

I guess after this call the debug should stop at *UpdateThread:85* (right
after *updateThreads.wait()*) but it does not. It seems that updateThread
is not running.

Does anyone have an idea what went wrong (especially the one who modified
this part of the code between 1.8.0 and 1.8.2)?

Thanks and regards,
Balazs Zsoldos

Re: ConfigAdmin 1.8.2 does not call ManagedServiceFactory updates method

Posted by Balázs Zsoldos <ba...@everit.biz>.
Hi,

it is a bit strange as I can reproduce it on my Windows based computer but
not on Linux with the same sample application (that does not contain native
code). This must be some very strange issue.

I will investigate the issue a bit more (if it does not disappear with a
windows update :) ).

Thanks and regards,
*Zsoldos Balázs*

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.