Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Rahul Naithani <rn...@ssind.stpn.soft.net> on 2000/08/09 13:18:10 UTC

Tomcat suddenly stopped working (urgent)

Hi Friends.
I was working peacefully for my project but suddenly the tomcat refuses to
start.
Actually I removed JRun from my machine using add/remove programs (I'm on NT
station).

Just after removing JRun, Tomcat and even simple java programs stopped
working. On starting the jvm (java <my prog>), I started geting an error
related to the registry.
Then I reinstalled JDK and the simple java programs started working. But
tomcat still doesn't work, though it doesn't give the registry problem
anymore.
Currently it's giving an error as if inside the tomcat.bat, there was no
parameter being specified to the jvm. Like you get a dump of options when at
the command prompt when we write java and hit enter.

I have a deadline to meet and things are at a standstill. please help.
Regards,
Rahul.

Re: Tomcat suddenly stopped working (urgent)

Posted by Rahul Naithani <rn...@ssind.stpn.soft.net>.
Hi Dharani,
All the entries of jvm.dll in the registry point to the directory you have
mentioned but still tomcat not up!
thanks,
Rahul.

Posted by Brett Knights <br...@knightsofthenet.com>.
Have you tried re-installing the jdk after a fresh restart?

Posted by Rahul Naithani <rn...@ssind.stpn.soft.net>.
Yeah Mike,
All there are already fixed!
But problem still exists.