Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@ispol.com> on 2006/02/02 16:31:38 UTC

3.2.6 or not

OK, I know we've had some votes on this before, but I'd like to put this
in a separate thread where it's not intermixed with all kinds of other
things.

This is a vote for the core group. We can release the 3.2.6 tarball as is
or fix the connection handler bugs (there are two of them - the buffer
pointer and eagain condition Graham tracked down) and release a 3.2.7 (or
3.2.6.1). The rationale for disregarding those known issues is that the
connection handler is hardly used by anyone. The rationale for NOT
disregarding is that we claim this to be a stable release, and given our
slow release cycle, I imagine 3.2.6 will be around for a while.

Anyhow - *the core group* (you know who you are), if you think 3.2.6
should be released as is, send in your +1.

Let's keep this thread strictly a vote, without it turning into a
discussion (we can discuss things in other threads).

My official vote is +0.

(To see what this means read http://httpd.apache.org/dev/guidelines.html)

Grisha

Re: 3.2.6 or not

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jp...@jgassociates.ca>.
According to the Apache rules we need three +1 votes. As there are only
4 of us voting the two +0 votes are already enough to kill the proposal.
(I should have done the math this morning. ;) )

I'll commit Grahams' _conn_read fix and generate the 3.2.7 tarball
shortly. I'm also +1 on releasing 3.2.7 without a restrained testing period.

Jim

Re: 3.2.6 or not

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.2.6 or not