Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Granwille Strauss <gr...@namhost.com.INVALID> on 2023/05/31 12:43:16 UTC

Change Default Primary Storage from NFS to Local

Hi Guys

Just a quick one. I configured my setup initially to use NFS for primary
storage. This all worked well until we noticed that NFS storage wasn't
going to last us long because we didn't have a cluster storage setup or
SAN configured. So, we have since stopped our VM machines and migrated
their storage volumes from the NFS to local, which we are happy with to
continue with. I have about two VMs still using the NFS primary, the
rest are on local.

Now, when I create a new VM instance, it still deploys to NFS storage, I
want it to automatically deploy to the local storage of the KVM when its
created. How do I accomplish this? Because now, after deploying the new
VM I must stop it again and then migrate it each time, which isn't
really nice to do.

--
Regards / Groete

<https://www.namhost.com> 	Granwille Strauss  // Senior Systems Admin

*e:* granwille@namhost.com
*m:* +264 81 323 1260 <tel:+264813231260>
*w:* www.namhost.com <https://www.namhost.com/>

<https://www.facebook.com/namhost><https://twitter.com/namhost><https://www.instagram.com/namhostinternetservices/><https://www.linkedin.com/company/namhos><https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTd5v-kVPaic_dguGur15AA>

<https://www.adsigner.com/v1/l/631091998d4670001fe43ec2/621c9b76c140bb001ed0f818/banner>

Namhost Internet Services (Pty) Ltd,

24 Black Eagle Rd, Hermanus, 7210, RSA

The content of this message is confidential. If you have received it by
mistake, please inform us by email reply and then delete the message. It
is forbidden to copy, forward, or in any way reveal the contents of this
message to anyone without our explicit consent. The integrity and
security of this email cannot be guaranteed over the Internet.
Therefore, the sender will not be held liable for any damage caused by
the message. For our full privacy policy and disclaimers, please go to
https://www.namhost.com/privacy-policy

Powered by AdSigner
<https://www.adsigner.com/v1/c/631091998d4670001fe43ec2/621c9b76c140bb001ed0f818>

Re: Change Default Primary Storage from NFS to Local

Posted by Granwille Strauss <gr...@namhost.com.INVALID>.
Hi

It seems selecting "Override root disk offering" when creating  a new VM
solves the issue.

Posted by Granwille Strauss <gr...@namhost.com.INVALID>.
Hi

Posted by Ruben Bosch <ru...@cldin.eu>.