Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Kanchan Chowdhury <ka...@apache.org> on 2022/08/10 02:55:40 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Sedona 1.2.1-incubating-rc1

Hi all,

This is a call for vote on Apache Sedona 1.2.1-incubating-rc1. Please refer
to the changes listed at the bottom of this email.

Sedona Community vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/511gjndxmdxh4g2rzwyxppjc00orz3s3

Sedona community vote result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/jyb3yp2wpnhp8kx7t8dnls8xljwqflxr

Release notes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-sedona/blob/bcb1803c24dc9decfb113a31db8fc14433be025b/docs/setup/release-notes.md

Build instructions:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-sedona/blob/sedona-1.2.1-incubating-rc1/docs/setup/compile.md

GitHub tag:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-sedona/releases/tag/sedona-1.2.1-incubating-rc1

GPG public key to verify the Release:
https://downloads.apache.org/incubator/sedona/KEYS

Source code and binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/sedona/1.2.1-incubating-rc1/

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until at least 3 "+1" PMC
votes are cast

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Checklist for reference (because of DISCLAIMER-WIP, other checklist items
are not blockers):

[ ] Download links are valid.

[ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.

[ ] DISCLAIMER is included.

[ ] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

For a detailed checklist  please refer to:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sedona 1.2.1-incubating-rc1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

BTW that’s +1 (binding) from me.

Kind Regards,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sedona 1.2.1-incubating-rc1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Please ask you mentors to vote on your releases. If you mentors cannot then perhaps it’s time to find new mentors?

Please do not use "Copyright 2020 and onwards” in the NOTICE file.

I checked the source release:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes are fine
- disclaimer exists (WIP)
- LICENSE looks OK
- NOTICE need fixing (see above)
- No unexpected binary files in source release
- All source files have ASF headers
- I was able to compile from source

Kind Regards,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sedona 1.2.1-incubating-rc1

Posted by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org>.
Incubator IPMC, we have been stuck here for two weeks and only received 1
binding vote. Many users in our community are waiting for this release. I
am not sure what's going on with the voting process. Please help us and
cast your votes!

Posted by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org>.
Dear all,

Posted by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org>.
Dear Sedona mentors,

Posted by Kanchan Chowdhury <ka...@apache.org>.
Dear All,

Posted by Kanchan Chowdhury <ka...@apache.org>.
Hi Jean-Baptiste,

Posted by Kanchan Chowdhury <ka...@apache.org>.
Dear All,

Posted by vongosling <vo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

+1, binding. Sorry for getting back to you:-)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes are fine
- disclaimer exists
- LICENSE looks OK
- NOTICE needs fixing (see above)
- No unexpected binary files in the source release
- All source files have ASF headers

Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org> 于2022年8月27日周六 02:00写道:

Best Regards :-)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sedona 1.2.1-incubating-rc1

Posted by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org>.
Dear all,

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@apache.org>.
Source code and binaries:

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@apache.org>.
+1

- incubating in name
- signature and hash fine
- DISCLAIMER is fine
Note: is the community ready for the full DISCLAIMER (not -DISCLAIMER-WIP)
in the next release?

- LICENSE and NOTICE are fine
- No unexpected binary files
- All source files have ASF headers
Note: /binder/*.ipynb should probably have the ASF headers in md block?

Posted by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org>.
Felix, (1) yes, I think the Sedona community is ready for a DISCLAIMER,
instead of DISCLAIMER-WIP. We will change it in the next release (2) sure,
we can add the Apache License to all notebooks

Chao, thanks for reminding us. Yes, according to [1], a source release is
sufficient. But it is also ok to release binary packages alongside the
source.

https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#compiled-packages

Folks, we really need a few more +1 votes here. Please help us!

Thanks,
Jia

Posted by Chao Zhang <to...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding). I have checked: