Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/14 21:27:03 UTC

PropertyHelper log message

In PropertyHelper.replaceProperties() a verbose log
message is written when substitution syntax is found
that does not map to a property: "Property ${foo} has
not been set".  I submit that the message should read
"Property foo has not been set" or "Property \"foo\"
has not been set" as this is the type of misuse of ${}
notation that causes so much trouble in if/unless
attributes.  I'd like to know the popular opinion on
the subject.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: PropertyHelper log message

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'd like to know the popular opinion on the subject.

No "popular opinion", just mine. 8-)

Make that "foo" - and yes, for the override message as well, Jan.

Stefan