Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by jaybytez <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/25 20:31:01 UTC

Use update method for sqlMap insert statements

I have sqlMaps that utilize the insert element for insert statements.  I only
care whether or not an insert occurred and not about the primary key being
returned.  So could I utilize the update method in SqlMapExecutor for
running inserts instead of using the insert method?

Thanks,

jay
Sent from the iBATIS - User - Java forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Use update method for sqlMap insert statements

Posted by jaybytez <ja...@gmail.com>.
Duh...sorry...guess I shoulda read the javadocs:

Executes a mapped SQL UPDATE statement. Update can also be used for any
other update statement type, such as inserts and deletes. Update returns the
number of rows effected.

Thansk for the good javadocs!