Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/11/01 21:54:43 UTC

UIMA base SDK RC1 is ready for testing

There are already a couple of issues, which will mean I'll redo this, so this
isn't a vote call.  But I'd like to collect and fix as many issues as can be
found before doing a re-do.

The issues so far:

1) I forgot to redo the generation of the jira-issues report - so I might make
this automatic.

2) The build doesn't use the maven/Nexus repository for the main binary
distribution, and as a consequence, it is neither signed, nor checksummed (the
source-release.zip is, however).

The source-release is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-006/
in the org/apache/uima/uimaj-distr/2.3.1/uimaj-distr-2.3.1-source-release.zip

The binary release is here:
http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/2.3.1-RC1/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Eschor/uima-release-candidates/2.3.1-RC1/>

The list of issues fixed is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315344&styleName=Html&projectId=12310570&Create=Create
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315344&styleName=Html&projectId=12310570&Create=Create>

The build tooling that goes with this is also in the Nexus staging repository,
here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-004/org/apache/uima/

There are two things: the uima-build-resources, and the parent-pom.

To tell Maven to look for things here, add this to your settings.xml maven profile:

    <profile>
      <id>staged-release</id>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>staged-release</id>
          <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-004/</url>
        </repository>
        <repository>
          <id>staged-release</id>
          <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-006/</url>
        </repository>
      </repositories>
    </profile>

The trunk has been updated to the next development version (2.3.2-SNAPSHOT or 2-SNAPSHOT for the two build artifacts).

Let's poke at this and uncover the other things that need fixing before releasing.

-Marshall

Re: UIMA base SDK RC1 is ready for testing

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I'll try building from source on Windows.

-M