Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com> on 2004/03/08 13:18:01 UTC

ssh cvs

Hi,

sorry does someone know how to use extssh cvs authentication without a
keyfile?
My cvs has only ssh2 access but use passwords instead of key files.

As i read in the documentation the .cvspass file only works with
pserver.
Any ideas for a workaround?

Thanks for any hints.
Stefan

Re: ssh cvs

Posted by Gareth Cronin <ga...@kiwiplan.co.nz>.
As the previous post said, you can use ssh-agent, or (and not really a
good idea, but I guess it's the same as using .cvspass) you can generate
a key-pair with an empty pass-phrase. Then you won't be prompted for a
password when you make a successful connection.

Brian Enigma wrote:

-------------------
Gareth Cronin
Analyst/Programmer