Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Glenn Taylor <gl...@mail.com> on 2000/10/14 19:05:21 UTC

HELP re: deployment descriptors

Does anyone know whee I can find good resources to build deployment
descriptors/config files using XML?

For example, I'm working for a company that has been using an MSExcel
spreadsheet, tied to ASP, to guide the deployment of websites they develop.

It's pretty slick. In the spreadsheet, there are columns such as <Image>,
which might be a boolean. This info is then read by ASP, which then builds
the appropriate web pages, based on the parameters given.

Anyways, folks here want to do this using XML.

Any advice from you senior-types would be greatly appreciated.

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com