Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ben Stover <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2008/04/20 09:03:24 UTC

How to prevent deletion of comments from tomcat-users.xml

As far as I noticed all comments in tomcat-users.xml

are striped off after Tomcat started.

How do I prevent this deletion of comments (permanently)?

Ben

Re: How to prevent deletion of comments from tomcat-users.xml

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <to...@list-post.mks-mail.de>.
Ben Stover wrote:

> As far as I noticed all comments in tomcat-users.xml
>
> are striped off after Tomcat started.
>
> How do I prevent this deletion of comments (permanently)?

In server.xml, add readonly="true" to the UserDatabase <Resource>, for
example:

          type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
          pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml"
          readonly="true" />

Regards
  mks

RE: How to prevent deletion of comments from tomcat-users.xml

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Ben Stover [mailto:bxstover@yahoo.co.uk]
> Subject: How to prevent deletion of comments from tomcat-users.xml
>
> As far as I noticed all comments in tomcat-users.xml
> are striped off after Tomcat started.
> How do I prevent this deletion of comments (permanently)?

Other than by making the file read-only, you can't.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.