Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2008/08/01 22:52:55 UTC

Re: m2eclipse

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 5:18 AM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anybody had any success using the m2eclipse plugin with Geronimo? I gave
> it a try, but it's running out of memory (despite my giving it as much heap
> memory as Eclipse/JVM would let me).

I have tried it out myself a couple of times and the time the plugin
took to parse/handle the sources was completely unacceptable. I lost
interest managing Geronimo sources with Eclipse and went on using IDEA
which seemed to do much better job managing the sources.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

Re: m2eclipse

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> mvn eclipse:eclipse and importing an "existing project" into eclipse still
> works (as described
> in http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/developing-geronimo-in-eclipse.html). Was
> just trying to give m2clipse a spin...

Don't know what caused issues with eclipse:eclipse I've been
experiencing, but after you asked about it I opened Geronimo project
with IntelliJ IDEA 7.0.3 and struggled with it for a couple of days
until I figured out to increase the available memory to 1g (!)
Importing project from the top-level pom.xml took so long that I left
it for a night to have it finished.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

Re: m2eclipse

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 1, 2008, at 4:52 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 5:18 AM, Kevan Miller
> <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Has anybody had any success using the m2eclipse plugin with
>> Geronimo? I gave
>> it a try, but it's running out of memory (despite my giving it as
>> much heap
>> memory as Eclipse/JVM would let me).
>
> I have tried it out myself a couple of times and the time the plugin
> took to parse/handle the sources was completely unacceptable. I lost
> interest managing Geronimo sources with Eclipse and went on using IDEA
> which seemed to do much better job managing the sources.

mvn eclipse:eclipse and importing an "existing project" into eclipse
still works (as described in http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/developing-geronimo-in-eclipse.html)
. Was just trying to give m2clipse a spin...

--kevan